Awesome, looks like we can just do this in a compatible manner - nothing else
on the list seems like it warrants a (premature) major release.

Thanks Vinod.

Arun

From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:30 PM
To: common-...@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Looking to a Hadoop 3 release

I started pitching in more on that JIRA.

To add, I think we can and should strive for doing this in a compatible manner,
whatever the approach. Marking and calling it incompatible before we see
proposal/patch seems premature to me. Commented the same on JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11656?focusedCommentId=14345875&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14345875.

Thanks
+Vinod

On Mar 2, 2015, at 8:08 PM, Andrew Wang