Been a while since 2.7.0 release.

I am going to do a scan of outstanding issues this weekend and start the push.
There are 7 blockers/criticals as of now:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12331550

I couldn't send notes to downstream projects as I originally anticipated. But
from our internal testing with the latest releases/branches of other ecosystem
projects like Hive, Pig, Oozie, I haven't yet seen any incompatible issues
being reported. We also have done one preliminary round of rolling-upgrades
testing which seems to have gone well.

Will post more results over this and next week. Has anyone else done any
testing on 2.7.0? If so, please update here of your findings.

Hoping to get a release candidate out next week.

Thanks
+Vinod

On Apr 23, 2015, at 11:58 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli