From: Henry Saputra [mailto:henry.sapu...@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 June 2015 02:31
To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Question about effect of yarn.resourcemanager.am.max-attempts config
for already running ApplicationMaster

Hi All,

I would like to know if "yarn.resourcemanager.am.max-attempts" config parameter
will make the already running ApplicationMaster (AM) to have HA mode in YARN
once it is already running?

Meaning that if the running AM process dies (though permgen, OOM, or kill JVM
with kill signal) then ResourceManager (RM) should be able to restart the
number of times specified by "yarn.resourcemanager.am.max-attempts" config
value ?

I was trying it and it seems like the there was an attempt to restart the
AppMaster but dies immediately.

Thanks,

Henry