Hi all,

We released 2.7.1 nearly 2.5 months ago. I got caught up with a very long
release process for 2.6.1 so couldn't make progress on a 2.7.2. Now is the
time!

Things to do

 (#1) Branch
    -- Branch 2.7 has been open to 2.7.2 commits for a while.
    -- In order to converge on a release, I will branch out 2.7.2 soon.

  (#2) Patches
    -- 2.7.2 already has a boat load [1] of fixes.
    -- The list of open blocker / critical tickets [2] is not small. I'll
start triaging and see what can make it in a week or so of time.

  (#3) Release
    -- Even if we can get half of the blocker / critical tickets in, the
full list [3] will be big enough for us to start voting on an RC in no less
than a week.
    -- Leaving aside some buffer time, I plan to start RC process by end of
first week of October.

Thoughts?

Appreciate help in moving open tickets [2] forward.

A general note:  Please consider putting any critical / blocker tickets on
2.8 into 2.6.2 and 2.7.2 releases.

Thanks
+Vinod

[1] 2.7.2 Fixed Tickets:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12333473
[2] 2.7.2 Open Blockers / Critical Tickets:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12332867
[3] 2.7.2 Release Tickets:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12333461