It kind of got lost through my email, but when I talked about force-push, it is
almost completely in the context of feature-branch rebase.

We almost never do force-push outside of this context, neither do we encourage
it. And like I pointed, the fact that the mainline branches (trunk, branch-2
etc) are already protected against force-pushes, and the latest infra’s change
to notify force-pushes as explicitly marked so, are good enough for handling
them IMO.

Thanks
+Vinod