Thanks Aaron for pointing it out. I didn't see any consensus on HDFS-9924 so I
think we should bring it here with broader audiences for more discussions.

I saw several very bad practices here:

1. committer (no need to say who) revert all commits from trunk without making
consensus with all related contributors/committers.

2. Someone's comments on feature branch are very misleading... If I didn't
remember wrong, feature development doesn't have to go through feature branch
which is just an optional process. This creative process of feature branch and
branch committer - I believe the intention is trying to accelerate features
development but not to slow them down.

3. Someone (again, no need to say who) seems to claim himself as RM for trunk.
I don't think we need any RM for trunk. Even for RM of 3.0.0-alpha, I think we
need someone else who demonstrates he/she is more responsible, work hardly and
carefully and open communication with all community. Only through this, the
success of Hadoop in age of 3.0 are guranteed.

Thanks,

Junping