Forking off this discussion from 2.6.5 release thread. Junping and Chris T
have brought up important concerns regarding too many concurrent releases
and the lack of EOL for our releases.

First up, it would be nice to hear from others on our releases having the
notion of EOL and other predictability is indeed of interest.

Secondly, I believe EOLs work better in conjunction with a predictable
cadence. Given past discussions on this and current periods between our
minor releases, I would like to propose a minor release on the latest major
line every 6 months and a maintenance release on the latest minor release
every 2 months.

Eager to hear others thoughts.

Thanks
Karthik