Hi Andrew and all,
     Thanks for the notice on the change. I still concern this rule change may
cause some confusion from conflicting against our previous rule - no need to
set trunk version if it is landing on 2.x branch. As we can see, there are 4
cases of version setting for JIRA landing on trunk and branch-2 now:
1. JIRA with fixed version set to 2.x only before 3.0.0-alpha1 cut off.
2. JIRA with fixed version set to 2.x only after 3.0.0-alpha1 cut off.
3. JIRA with fixed version set to 2.x and 3.0.0-alpha1 after 3.0.0-alpha1 cut
off.
4. JIRA with fixed version set to 2.x and 3.0.0-alpha2 after 3.0.0-alpha1 cut
off

Case 3 and 4 can be easily distinguished, but case 1 and 2 is against our rule
change here and hard to differentiate unless we want to mark all previous JIRA
with fixed version for 2.x only to include 3.0.0-alpha1/3.0.0-alpha2. That's a
tremendous effort and I doubt this should be our option.
Or, my preference is: we should update our rule here a bit to assume all JIRA
marked fixed version to 2.x only get landed to 3.0.0-alpha1 but in the
meanwhile, we monitor all JIRAs come after 3.0.0-alpha1 cut off to include
3.0.0-alpha2 (or latest trunk version).
Thoughts?

Thanks,

Junping