Hello Folks,
I am new to hadoop and I have few queries w.r.t YARN. I went through
documents
and blog series by HortonWorks

 1. Can we define our custom logical resources in YARN other than Memory &
cpu core?  Is this flexibility there?
 2. What is a role of HDFS in yarn, Can yarn work without HDFS?
 3. HDFS is still used for replication then which component is responsible
for taking backup?
 4. HDFS is required for large data processing application where data  to
be processed is persisted on HDFS
 Can I use YARN without HDFS for solving computational problems?
 5.Is Container's state / running node's image is persisted to provide
failover of running tasks?

Can somebody please answer these questions?

Regards,
-Sabiya