From: Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 8:17 AM
To: Kihwal Lee; Junping Du; common-...@hadoop.apache.org;
hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 Release Plan

+1 to base the 2.8.2 release off of the more recent activity on branch-2.8.
Because branch-2.8.2 was cut so long ago it is missing a lot of fixes that are
in branch-2.8.  There also are a lot of JIRAs that claim they are fixed in
2.8.2 but are not in branch-2.8.2.  Having the 2.8.2 release be based on recent
activity in branch-2.8 would solve both of these issues, and we'd only need to
move the handful of JIRAs that have marked themselves correctly as fixed in
2.8.3 to be fixed in 2.8.2.

Jason

    On Friday, July 21, 2017 10:01 AM, Kihwal Lee