+1

did a cloudstore clean build and test
did as well as I could with a spark build.

For anyone having maven problems building hadoop on a mac, homebrew now
forces its version of maven to use a homebrew specific openjdk 11
(one /usr/libexec/java_home doesn't locate); bits of the hadoop build don't
work if maven is running on java 11. Removing the homebrew maven fixes up
that but now the bits of the spark maven build which call out to the SBT
build tool are going out of memory. This is one of those times when I think
"I need a linux box'

Anyway: maven builds are happy, spark compiles with the branch once you
change its guava version. Well, that's progress

-Steve