update

   1. branch 3.3 has a version of 3.3.9-SNAPSHOT
   2. and 3.3.9 should be the version for fixes against this, with 3.3.4
   for the new point release
   3. please don't use 3.3.4 for branch-3.3 changes from now on

I've already got a PR up with the changes; going to create an asf
branch-3.3.4 branch mirroring it and kicking off with the pom update.

I'm going to do a dry run of a release this week to build the binaries on
x86 and ARM but not put for a vote as I am away next week. instead it'll be
a validation of my processes, ant-based automation etc. (
https://github.com/steveloughran/validate-hadoop-client-artifacts)

 I will kick off the release the following week, which, being july4 week,
may have more people offline. it does give larry a chance to get
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-18074 in, as it may have
security implications.