Thanks for comments

Looking at jiras fixed in 3.3.6 and 3.3.9 (my bad, forgot that most commits
landing in branch-3.3 was 3.3.9), most are okay. We have about 119 commits
so it's manageable.

I am planning to cut 3.3.6 out of branch-3.3 later today. Anything open
that is still targeting 3.3.6 will be cherry picked one by one.
I will also bulk-update jiras fixed in 3.3.9 to 3.3.6.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12337047
As of now, I am tracking 4 jiras that's targeting 3.3.6 -- update Kerby,
fix hadoop shaded client to support Spark history server, a small
regression in HDFS (probably will move this out), protobuf 2.5 dependency
change.

I had a dry-run of the RC. Env set up for me and everything works. So I
expect to have a RC ready to vote on soon. If I can move out some of the
jiras or help them resolved, I can probably have a RC0 on Monday for vote.