Morning Star.png

 

 

Syrian Troops Retake Aleppo Refugee Camp

 

 

James Tweedie, The Morning Star, London, 30 September 2016

 

Syrian army troops and Palestinian militia fighters retook Aleppo's Handarat
refugee camp yesterday as Moscow hit back in a row with the US.

 

After a three-day battle, Republican Guard troops and their allies drove
US-armed Nour al-Din al-Zinki insurgents from the suburb, home to the
volunteers of the Al-Quds Brigade militia, for the second time in a week.

 

In July, Nour al-Din al-Zinki kidnapped 12-year-old Palestinian refugee boy
Abdullah Tayseer al-Issa and beheaded him, revelling in their barbarity in
an internet video.

 

Meanwhile, Russian Defence Ministry spokesman General Igor Konashenkov and
other officials laid into US State Department spokesman John Kirby for his
barely concealed threats against their forces on Wednesday.

 

Mr Kirby had told a Washington press conference that unless Russia halted
the Syrian liberation of all east Aleppo, "extremist groups will continue to
exploit the vacuum" and launch "attacks against Russian interests, perhaps
even Russian cities.

"Russia will continue to send troops home in body bags and will continue to
lose resources, perhaps even aircraft," he added.

 

US-controlled international terrorist alliance

 

Gen Konashenkov said: "His words are the most frank confession by the US
side so far that the whole 'opposition' ostensibly fighting a civil war in
Syria is a US-controlled international terrorist alliance."

 

Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova wrote on Facebook:
"Don't you think that such ventriloquism about 'body bags,' 'terrorist
attacks in Russian cities' and 'loss of aircraft,' sounds more like a 'get
'em' command, rather than a diplomatic comment?"

 

In northern Hama province, al-Qaida splinter group Jund al-Aqsa and its
US-backed Free Syrian Army allies seized two more government positions north
of the key village of Taybat al-Ism yesterday.

 

On Wednesday, 19 Syrian troops were hospitalised in nearby Qarah after the
insurgents used chlorine gas weapons against them.

 

Russian army general staff officer Lieutenant-General Viktor Poznikhir
warned that militants in Aleppo were also planning a chemical weapons attack
on "positions of the Syrian army and residential areas in the eastern part
of Aleppo in order to accuse the government troops there."

 

[email protected]

 

 

From:
http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-e61b-Syrian-troops-retake-Aleppo-refuge
e-camp#.V-3stvl9600

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 14201 (20160929) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

-- 
-- 
You are subscribed. This footer can help you.
Please POST your comments to [email protected] or reply to this 
message.
You can visit the group WEB SITE at 
http://groups.google.com/group/yclsa-eom-forum for different delivery options, 
pages, files and membership.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, please email [email protected] . You 
don't have to put anything in the "Subject:" field. You don't have to put 
anything in the message part. All you have to do is to send an e-mail to this 
address (repeat): [email protected] .
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"YCLSA Discussion Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/yclsa-eom-forum.
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/yclsa-eom-forum/002601d21ad7%2406175950%2412460bf0%24%40com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to