First a word about me: I am not a programmer/engineer, but I love the power and significance of the Internet. My primary viewpoint is the nongeek use of the web and tools built by, for, with and on the net.

I collaborate with Rick at theinternetco.net to create quickcard.biz. And Rick is my UGC (ultimate geek connections) and partner in crime at quickcard.biz. OK on to my main point for the day:

I�m gradually morphing my cognitive skills toward embracing the �tagging� �continuum� and away from the �filing/subfiling/folder� model.

I think I first unconsciously grokked the power of tagging years ago when using hypercard and macintosh computers.

But now I�m consciously using it and embracing it thru the use of gmail and del.

What I�d like to find is some utility that would allow me to tag all the docs that i create in Word, Excel and all my other apps. That is, never put any file that I create into a folder again, just tag it and go to my tag menu when i�m looking for something.

Google desktop search has some of those capacities, but no ongoing creator of tags list (as per gmail and del).

Rick is working on adding something along this lines to quickcard.biz, which shd allow people to access a taglist within their quickcard sites, but I�m looking for something that will allow me to have an automatic tag creator for all the files I make in all the apps. that I use.

QuickCard.biz Create your own website for only 25.00/YEAR. Complete
Frank Poliat
Principal
QuickCard.biz
4620 SE 40th Ave.
Ste. 2
Portland, OR 97202

MAP: http://www.quickcard.biz/QuicCard+Contact+and+Location+information
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.quickcard.biz
tel:
fax:
mobile:
503-771-6601
503-771-6601
503-421-6470
Add me to your address book... Want a signature like this?
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to