Hello phred,

That solution is nice for a single site, but it is not practical for
multiple sites (we dont want users to have to fill their delicious
name everywhere).

I'll describe what I would like to do, to make things more clear:
I belong to a community of bloggers in Colombia that share forums,
organize meet-ups, etc. We would like that anyone who bookmarks any of
our posts would add the community name as one of the tags, so that we
can use that tag to search for interesting posts within our community.
One way to encourage this would be that any member of the community
adds the "bookmark this" that takes the user to the del.icio.us post
page and suggests the user our community name as a tag.

I am aware this sounds a bit in contradiction to the philosophy of
tagging, but it is useful nevertheless.

An example of this kind of use is used by this community:

http://blog.photoblogs.org/2004/12/an_interesting_.html

Sergio
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to