From: Lindsay Donaghe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Nov 15, 2005 12:22 AM
Subject: Re: [delicious-discuss] rssifying pages
To: discuss@del.icio.us

I don't think del.icio.us monitors the sites that you bookmark... it
doesn't keep copies like some other bookmark services do and I don't
even think the ones that keep copies go out and crawl sites to make
sure their copies are the latest.  That is a very large task and more
the job of search engines.

BUT I just found this this morning that might help you with your problem:
http://www.wotzwot.com/rssxl.php

You'll have to do a little work to set things up but maybe that will help.

Have fun!

On 11/13/05, Jack Tanner <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> I'm sorry if this has already been discussed to death, but I'm just getting
> into del.icio.us. My question is: can I somehow use a bookmark to alert me
> when the bookmarked page has changed?
>
> For example, here's a page I'm interested in:
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tom/NewChapters.html . I expect the content of the
> page to change at some point. There's never going to be an official feed for
>  it, because it's not a large site. But it'd be nice if del.icio.us could
> notify me that the page changed, if it were to check it for updates--say,
> once a week. It'd be especially nice if this notification could be in an RSS
> feed.
>
> Thanks!

John Tropea

Library clips