Hello Amir,
I think your answer doesn't actually answers the
question that was posed. The question was:

:...since the delicious api allows access to only the
logged in user account how does Collabrank seem to
fetch bookmarks of other users?...

http://collabrank.web.cse.unsw.edu.au/del.icio.us/ExcludeMe.html

> Amir

To which I should add:
have we decided that it is ok to screenscrape?

Because I have some wonderful ideas about how to do a
search engine that would work on delicious, but
requires me to screenscrape the tag clouds of each url
that would be in the search index. And I can assure
you that it would be better than anything we have seen
so far (except maybe the internal engine in amazon).
I am not going forward because a) I don't have the
time right now b) for respect for Joshua who have
asked not to screenscrape.

Said that,
I don't think it is ok to require to people to 'do
something' to be excluded. It might be ok to do it the
opposite way, you might ask people to bookmark a page
if they want you to use their information. But the
other way around you are just using the social
inerzia. But people who have signed up in delicious
haven't singned up for appearing in your system, thus
the conclusion.

Regards,
Pietro