Britta wrote:
> I have a "star" system:
>
> http://del.icio.us/britta/%E2%98%85
>
> When a website catches my interest to the point of obliterating
> everything else in the world while I read it, I give it a unicode-star
> tag. I bookmark lots of stuff - most of it is just interesting, and
> some of it is awesome. This helps me remember the awesome stuff.
>
> Some people use asterisk tags as a type of rating system:
> http://del.icio.us/tag/***, for example.

I couldn't agree more with this.  Use what's built in to the system
already.  When I was new to Del, I thought it would be great to have a
separate author field.  But you know, using a plain ol' tag like
"AuthorName" works just fine.  (I suppose one could get fancier and use
"author:AuthorName" or some other convention to distinguish between
pages by vs. pages about that person, if desired.)  I modified the
script for my post button to automatically grab the author name(s) from
the page (if supplied in the metadata) to use as a tag.

Tim

--
Tim Larson
West Corporation, Interactive TeleServices

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: