Hello,

We occasionally see our build fail due to package QA issues,
specifically:

ERROR: gawk-4.2.1-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue:
/usr/lib/gawk/ptest/test/fcall_exit.awk contained in package gawk-ptest
requires /bin/awk, but no providers found in RDEPENDS_gawk-ptest?
[file-rdeps],

I'm wondering how yocto has made the decision that "/bin/awk" is a
runtime dependency for gawk-ptest (it is, so this is good).  Does
yocto read /usr/lib/gawk/ptest/test/fcall_exit.awk looking for anything
that matches on a shbang then alert us to this as a missing RDEPENDS?

I think this is what is happening but cannot see this in the
documentation error.  Something to back this hunch up:

http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2016-November/128419.html

I'm about to send patches upstream to gawk to remove some more shbangs
from awk scripts and thus would like to check the yocto behaviour
before I do so.

Thanks,
Peter.