From: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org> on behalf of
Gmane Admin via lists.yoctoproject.org
<gley-yocto=m.gmane-mx....@lists.yoctoproject.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 9:36 PM
To: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org>
Subject: Re: [yocto] Image size reduction

[CAUTION: This Email is from outside the Organization. Do not click links or
open attachments unless you trust the sender.]

Op 29-03-2020 om 18:28 schreef Ajam Ali:
> Hi All,
>
> Actually my current image size is 3.9GB because of heavy size packages
> required by my project and without project required packages my image
> size in Yocto is 800MB.

So your project adds 3.1GB right

> I want to reduce the image size as maximum as possible.

3.1GB is huge. Compare to f.i. Libreoffice (installed 0.5GB or so).
Either your own code has a lot of fat, or you are pulling in lots of
packages you don't really need. But is there no way to advise you
without knowing more.