I assume that you have ssh access to the device and your rootfs is writeable - in that case you could use "devtool deploy-target".
Typical workflow would be something like this
- devtool modify python3
- devtool build python3
- devtool deploy-target -s python3 root@<your target ip>

if your rootfs is ramdisk based the change will only last till the next reboot