On Wed, 27 May 2020 at 11:06, Siddhartha V <siddhuvgowda.18...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I built the image for Raspberrypi3B+ board. But when boot the board gcc,
> apt, sudo were not there. Actually only the poweron and poweroff and few
> basic commnds like, ls, mkdir, whoami were working. May I konw what wrong I
> did while building please.
>
> I am using yocto warrior. I used *"bitbake core-image-base"* command for
> building.

You did nothing wrong, precisely. core-image-base is a base image that
doesn’t do much beyond boot into a working command line environment.

If you want a working toolchain (gcc and friends) on the image then add
“tools-sdl” to IMAGE_FEATURES. By default toolchains are not included
because they’re huge and not needed.

If you want apt then first change the package manager to deb by changing
your explicit assignment of PACKAGE_CLASSES. This builds the image with
apt, and if you also want a working apt and package database in the image
then add package-management to IMAGE_FEATURES.

To add sudo, simple add sudo to IMAGE_INSTALL.

I recommend looking up those variables in the documentation to understand
what they do.

Ross

View/Reply Online (#49516): https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/message/49516
Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/74496704/21656