>From the source config file:
> ExecStart=@SBINDIR@/sshd -D $OPTIONS

>From your reply:
> But if I run the /usr/sbin/sshd -f /etc/ssh/sshd_config, it starts fine.

If you run the command: /usr/sbin/sshd -D -f /etc/ssh/sshd_config, I
bet it'll fail again!

So, I have no idea what -D option does mean (lazy to investigate),
seems that this was the main cause of the problem:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/390224/openssh-server-start-failed-with-result-timeout

Please, read this link carefully.

Best Regards,
Zoran