I'm using Yocto Warrior 4.19.35 on a Variscite i.MX8M MINI SoM.  I need to be
able to respond to some interrupt events on GPIO events from userspace.
I saw on kernel.org that the sysfs ABI is being deprecated, and the
recommendation is to use libgpiod.
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/driver-api/gpio/using-gpio.html

I modified my local.conf file to add libgpiod to IMAGE_INSTALL_append:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \
    tcf-agent \
    openssh-sftp-server \
    libgpiod \
    "
I then ran "bitbake fsl-image-qt5", and programmed the new image onto an SD
card.  After booting, I can now see "/dev/gpiochip*" as expected.  However,
gpiod.h does not appear to be installed to /usr/include nore any other
directory.

Can someone explain what I need to do to correctly deploy libgpiod onto my
target?  Thanks!