On Tue, 2020-08-04 at 14:10 -0700, Rick Liu via lists.yoctoproject.org
wrote:
> Does http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/ have HA or hot-backup
> machine?
> Is there an instruction on how to create a
> http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/  local mirror and sync?

The standard DL_DIR should be enough for normal builds to work, based
on Scott's questions, it sounds like there is some issue somewhere
which would be worth looking into. I don't see that issue locally or on
the autobuilder infrastructure so its hard for me to say what is wrong.

Regarding HA or hot-backup, our resilience places are supposed to be
that:

a) DL_DIR should allow existing builds to work
b) kernel.org has a partial mirror of the key components
c) we just have to accept the autobuilder would be unavailable in the
   case of NAS failure until its repaired

It sounds like something isn't working quite right for a) to be having
an issue.

We'd love to have more server infrastructure and have things like hot
backup machines. Our budgets and infrastructure allow us to have what
we have. I'd note that broadcom were once a silver member but dropped
project membership, sadly :(. We do the best we can with what we have.

Cheers,

Richard