Hi Richard,

On 2020-08-05 2:50 a.m., Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-08-04 at 14:36 -0700, Scott Branden via
> lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
>> With downloads.yoctoproject.org down again this begs the question:
>>
>> Why does uninative tarball get fetched by default from the internet
>> every time?
>> Why is it in not cached like every other tarball that is downloaded
>> by recipes?
>> The default behaviour for the yocto project should be to have the
>> tarball stored in the yocto cache such that it is not fetched every
>> time?
> Those are good questions.
>
> As far as I know on my own local builds, the uninative tarball *is*
> cached locally in DL_DIR. We don't see repeated downloads on the
> autobuilder either so it appears to work there too.
Yes, the uninative tarball *is* cached but I see repeated downloads.

> If you're not seeing that it would definitely be something to
> investigate.
I just did a clone of poky.git and the repeated downloads do NOT happen.
So I now need to investigate what is different when adding layers and conf
settings
that is causing the issue.

> Cheers,
>
> Richard

Thanks for confirming the uninative caching should work, but it is not in my
environment and I will have to investigate.

Scott