On Sun, 2020-08-23 at 17:01 +0200, Konrad Weihmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when running bitbake in CI I would like to add an additional log
> handler to used python logging to catch *ALL* (task warnings,
> dangling append, qa issues, a.s.o.), instead of manually grepping
> through the console  log.
> The information coming from this should be ideally be written to a
> file, file, which can then serve as some sort of report.
>
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> In theory it should be possible to hook to an (obviously non-
> existing)
> event and handle it from there, right?
>
> Or am I thinking in the wrong direction?
>
> Any pointers are appreciated from my side...

On the autobuilder the code simple watches the console log, filtering
on WARNING: and produces a separate warning stream. A non empty file
triggers the build to show a having warnings.

At the bitbake level it would also definitely be possible, the log
messages are seen in the UI code as events and it can do whatever it
wants with them.

There was a also much more advanced log handling added recently through
the BB_LOGCONFIG variable. I'm not sure if that can define a completely
separate stream or not, I've not tried that.

Cheers,

Richard