On Tue, 2020-08-25 at 14:47 +0200, Adrian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After recent update of poky, I started to experience an issue with
> devtool. Currently, I am using the latest zeus version. I have a
> multiconfig environment (Xilinx ZynqMP+ with ARM64 and Microblaze). I
> am
> modifying my recipe compiled from local sources. The custom target
> machine configuration sets DEAULTTUNE="cortexa53"
>
> When I call:
>
> $> devtool build peary
> $>devtool deploy-target peary root@192.168.33.167
>
> I get the error:
>
> ERROR: No files to deploy - have you built the peary recipe? If so,
> the
> install step has not installed any files.
>
> In fact, I see that 'devtool build' creates image under
> '/home/afiergol/poky/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-
> linux/peary/1.0+git999-r0/image',
> while 'devtool deploy-target' search for files under
> '/home/afiergol/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa53-poky-linux-
> gnueabi/peary/1.0+git999-r0/image'
>
> If in the 'peary' recipe I add a line
>
> PACKAGE_ARCH = "${MACHINE_ARCH}"
>
> 'devtool deploy-target' starts to search under
> '/home/afiergol/poky/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux-
> gnueabi/peary/1.0+git999-r0/image'
>
> If further, I fix in the 'peary' recipe:
>
> TARGET_OS = "linux"
>
> 'devtool deploy-target' properly deploys the binaries to the target
> machine.
>
> However, as I explained, I had to fix in the recipe PACKAGE_ARCH and
> TARGET_OS variables. It is required only for devtool to work, as
> bitbake
> builds properly my custom Linux image containing the recipe without
> those variables being set anywhere in my layer.
>
> Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? Could somebody give a
> reference (I didn't find) to documentation which explains why and how
> those variables need to be set (I especially concerned about
> TARGET_OS)?

devtool is working for other recipes in oe-core so this peary recipe is
probably doing something which is confusing devtool. Or its perhaps the
machine configuration. Is that a public recipe? If not, is there a
recipe you could share which shows the issue?

Basically we need some way to reproduce the issue to be able to
comment. You certainly should not have to set those variables.

Cheers,

Richard