> ...that I am not able to send SIGINT to commands such as Ping, tail etc.

Please, do the following: issue in zeus xterm the command: man signal
and read it.

Then execute the following code (ad-hoc from the top of my head):

#include <signal.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>

typedef void (*sighandler_t)(int);
sighandler_t signal_handler;
sighandler_t signal(int signum, sighandler_t handler);

int main() {
    signal_handler = signal(SIGINT, SIG_DFL);
    printf ("Old signal handler is 0x%x\n", signal_handler);
}

Where the following is also known:
        #define SIG_ERR  ((__sighandler_t) -1)  /* Error return.  */
        #define SIG_DFL  ((__sighandler_t)  0)  /* Default action. */
        #define SIG_IGN  ((__sighandler_t)  1)  /* Ignore signal. */

This program serves the double purpose:
[1] Gives you the address of the old SIGINT handler which was executed
prior execution of this code;
[2] After execution, repeat the routine (ping) and see if <ctrl c>
terminates the ping process.

All other comments are obvious (testing the Zeus SIGINT signal, yada
yada yada... ;-)

Zoran
_______