Maybe this should be added to sshd.service [unit] part
(to have added dependency) to solve this problem:

> The sshd.service file is as follows:
> [Unit]
> Description=OpenSSH server daemon
> Documentation=man:sshd(8) man:sshd_config(5)
> After=sshdgenkeys.service
> Wants=sshdgenkeys.service
*Requires=**sshd.socket*

Zoran
_______
On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 5:29 PM <srijan.na...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am facing a peculiar problem with openssh. I have built openssh_8.0p1on
zeus.

> The sshd.service file is as follows:
> [Unit]
> Description=OpenSSH server daemon
> Documentation=man:sshd(8) man:sshd_config(5)
> After=sshdgenkeys.service
> Wants=sshdgenkeys.service
>
> [Service]
> Type=simple
> PIDFile=/var/run/sshd.pid
> EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/sshd
> ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sshd -D $OPTIONS
> ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
> ExecStop=/bin/kill $MAINPID
> PermissionsStartOnly=true
> KillMode=process
> Restart=on-failure
> StandardError=syslog
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> It starts without issues, if i do a systemctl start sshd.service. If I do
a test of the config file it does not come up with any errors:

> genericx86-64:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/sshd -t
> genericx86-64:~$
>
> Problem:
> If I reboot the server, sshd does not start. There is no error on syslog.
I have enabled debug logging, still no logs in syslog.

> # Logging
> SyslogFacility DAEMON
> LogLevel DEBUG3
>
> Even systemctl is-enabled sshd shows as enabled.
>
> After a reboot, if I do a systemctl status sshd it shows:
> Loaded: loaded  (/lib/systemd/system/sshd.service; enabled; vendor
preset: enabled)
> Active: inactive (dead)
>
> If I manually run systemctl start sshd.service, everything works
perfectly well without issues. sshd start on 0.0.0.0:2224 and I am able to
ssh in as well.

> It's just that systemctl is not able to start sshd after a reboot and
there is no error that i can find or debug. Absolutely run out of ideas to
resolve this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.