Quoting Laurent Gauthier <laurent.gauth...@soccasys.com>:

Hi Mauro,

From my experience there should be an error reported during the image
creation as long as the two *packages* that contain a file with the same
name are BOTH installed in the root filesystem.

If you don't receive an error I would suspect that for some reason the file
is really only installed by one of the two packages.

Another source of your issue is that there can be more than one package
created by one recipe, and maybe you are not installing the package which
contains the contentious file.

Kind Regards, Laurent.