On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 21:14, Trevor Woerner <twoer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RP: there’s been a lot of churn in the versions (glibc, kernel, etc). if
>     anyone sees anything please raise a flag
> Ross: yes, I’ve seen some issues, not always 100% reproducible
> RP: x86 host?
> Ross: not always
> TimO: ubuntu host?
> Ross: 20.04
> RP: glibc-2.33 does have some interesting things, so i’m not surprised there
>     are issues
> Randy: what are you seeing?
> Ross: issues building the kernel (“dangerous relocations”)
> RP: for dunfell we did a glibc-2.32 update but we’ll hold off on glibc-2.33
>     (thanks Michael!)
> Ross: turning off uninative makes it go away
> TimO: is that a Xen kernel?
> Ross: no, just defconfig

I solved this issue: when running inside a container that uses seccomp
to filter the syscalls available, with glibc 2.33 inside (uninative,
for example), applications might end up calling faccessat2() (glibc
does this itself) which as a relatively new syscall is rejected by the
syscall filter. The rejection is EPERM but glibc only handles ENOSYS
so weird things happen.

I sent a workaround to oe-core, systemd 247 and Docker 20.10 are
fixed, but glibc appear to consider this a bug in other software and
not something it should handle.

Ross