AFAIK, passing arguments from a python function to a shell function is not allowed

On 7/21/21 10:45 AM, Bel Hadj Salem Talel wrote:
Hi All,

I have this example that can call a shell function from a python task:

*shell_function(){*
*    bbwarn "This is a shell function, arg1 = $1"*
*}*

*python do_something(){*
*   bb.build.exec_func('shell_function', d)*
*}*

How to pass arguments to the shell function ?

I tried this : "*bb.build.exec_func('shell_function 1', d)"* but it fails with the error: "shell_function 1" not found.

Thanks,
Talel