On Fri, 2021-08-13 at 15:31 -0600, Bill Plunkett wrote:
> I'd like to use a systemd DHCP client feature that became available
> in v248 in my yocto-hardknott system.  Is there any hope of using the
> complete v249.1 recipe from the oe master branch?

To backport a newer version, I usually just take the trial and error
route by copying the recipe to a custom layer and then, if necessary,
resolving missing or outdated dependencies on the go. This works most
of the time, but it could get a bit more complicated for systemd if
something fundamentally changed.