Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M4

Next Deadline: 4th Oct. 2021 YP 3.4 M4 build

Next Team Meetings:

*       Bug Triage meeting Thursday Sept. 30th at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09>
https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
*       Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Oct. 5th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*       Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Oct. 12th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*       Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*       YP 3.1.11 was released
*       We replaced the 5.13 kernel with 5.14 for 3.4 since 5.13 was already
marked EoL.
*       Changes to do_build task dependencies were merged. Some of these do
cause changes in behaviour but in general the behaviour should match what
people expect and only some CI setups would need changes. An example would
be where an image would have previously built all package backends but now
only the image's format.
*       The invasive pkgconfig-native dependency changes has been deferred
to the next release as people felt it was too invasive for 3.4. Meta-oe and
OE-Core are fixed ready though.
*       There is an sstate reuse issue where native sstate on aarch64 and
x86_64 hosts isn't generating correct hashes when combined with hash
equivalence.
*       Issues with pollution of /tmp with temporary files has been noticed
on the autobuilder. Help in cleaning this up would be very welcome.
*       Intermittent issues took a significant rise last week as SWAT caught
up with the backlog of issues. Help is very much welcome on these issues.
You can see the list of failures we're continuing to see by searching for
the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

Ways to contribute:

*       There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
*       There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 3.4. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.4_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.4_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*       We'd welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
list at:
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/mai
ntainers.inc>
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/main
tainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to "Unassigned" soon to
help facilitate this.

YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:

*       YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
*       YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*       YP 3.1.11 is released

Tracking Metrics:

*       WDD 2676 (last week 2641) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*       OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics

*       Total patches found: 1309 (last week 1303)
*       Patches in the Pending State: 484 (37%) [last week 484 (37%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp...@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp...@gmail.com>