‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021 at 5:43 AM, Monsees, Steven C (US) via
lists.yoctoproject.org <steven.monsees=baesystems....@lists.yoctoproject.org>
wrote:

> I have a platform based off a aarm64 Xilinx based kernel, which is not a
> compliant mainline kernel… so, I will need to go the preemp-rt patch route.
>
> Can you supply an example Yocto recipe that applies the patch, doesn’t even
> have to be arm based… just looking for baseline I might use to carve out
> support for my platform.

There are a few details to sort out (like finding a patch compatible with the
kernel recipe you want to use, or a compromise of the two), but basically a
kernel .bbappend with the following will suffice to just patch the kernel.
FILES_EXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI_append = "
https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/5.12/patch-5.12-rc3-rt3.patch.gz";

After that, you need a configuration fragment to enable PREEMPT-RT in the build.
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.