Hi Quentin,

Thanks for the review and for your suggestions.

On 12/3/21 10:34 AM, Quentin Schulz wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2021 at 02:49:31PM +0100, Michael Opdenacker wrote:
>> This allows all versions of Bitbake and Yocto Project manuals
>> to see the manuals for the latest versions.
>>
>> This also simplifies the release process, not having to update the
>> releases.rst file for all releases every time a new release is made.
>>
>> Note that such synchronization is already done for the
>> switchers.js file (but in a different way). This way, advertised
>> releases are in sync with switchers.js.
>>
> Why don't we migrate this different method (find) to the one you
> implement in this commit too?
>
> I could see a variable storing all "force-latest" files or someting like
> that to make it obvious why they have a specific handling.

I tried, but I stumble on the need to copy the latest switchers.js from
yocto-docs to the Bitbake branches too.

And since the Bitbake branches need to be checked out and processed
first, I hesitate to add a special extra step to checkout the yocto-docs
repo before. Possible but adding complexity.

So, if I don't use this way for the Bitbake branches, I still need a
find command at the end...

If you don't think about any better idea, I'd propose to stick to this
version of the patch.

Cheers
Michael.

--