From: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org> On Behalf Of
Tony He
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 2:12 PM
To: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto] How to clean the cache for a package?

Hi,

I'm new to yocto. I write a reciple for my own package. The source code of
package is in my PC and maintained by GIT. When I change the source code of the
package, I need to compile this package again with "bitbake -c clean package"
and "bitbake -c compile package".
However, even though I can see the code in the folder
downloads/git2/package.git is updated, but bitbake still use the last commit of
the git repo to compile. After debugging, I found the old commit ID is stored
in build-project/cache/bb_persist_data.sqlite3. Is this normal?
Is it caused by my own wrong reciple or is there any command to clean the cache
for a package? Thank you!

Tony