On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 12:50 PM Steve Sakoman <st...@sakoman.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 8:09 AM Richard Purdie
> <richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > As the project develops, some tests are valuable and some become less
> > valuable
> > over time.
> >
> > When we first started reproducible builds work, testing reproducibility
> > heavily
> > across multiple distros highlighted some unusual bugs and let us improve
> > things.
> > We therefore currently run a-full with the targets:
> >
> > reproducibile-centos
> > reproducibile-debian
> > reproducibile-fedora
> > reproducibile-ubuntu
> >
> > I've noticed we pretty much always see the same set of failures with these
> > targets now, i.e. if one fails, they all fail the same way.
> >
> > Those targets are heavy builds which don't reuse sstate for one of the build
> > streams and hence load the autobuilder heavily.
> >
> > I'm thinking they've served their purpose and that a-full should go back to
> > just
> > the randomly selected reproduiclbe target.
> >
> > Does anyone feel we shouldn't do that?
>
> I support this.  It has been quite some time since dunfell encountered
> a distro specific reproducibility issue.

I agree. I assume the change is simple enough to make that we can
bring them back easily if we think it might be helpful is some
scenario?

Also, just to clarify, those workers will still contribute to the
initial sstate, so they will still help find cross-host reproducible
problems, they just might not find it themselves?