"t-maiaxiao" <t-maiax...@linux.microsoft.com> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> On 8/31/2021 8:45 AM, Anatol Belski wrote:
>> I'm writing to present an ABI compliance check mechanism for Poky
>> recently developed to help improve the product stability. It is still
>> an early work which however has already proven itself useful and thus
>> the time seems right to ask for the community view.
>> The implementation is made as a core Python module, which can be
>> used
>> in a Yocto layer or imported in any other script. The layer is
>> available under:
>> https://github.com/clio-project/meta-binaryaudit
>> and the accompanying python module (which moves at some faster pace
>> and
>> is synchronized into the layer) and a command line tool:
>> https://github.com/clio-project/python-binaryaudit
>
> Microsoft is going to pick this up (the ABI compliance layer[0]) as an
> intern project again this summer, with a particular focus on improving
> code quality. I’ll be working on it for the next two months or so, and
> here are some of my preliminary ideas so far.
>
> One goal is to make the layer provide helpful enough logs on its own,
> so that the layer could be used without extra scripting. This means
> emitting actual BitBake logs, using standard QA error/warning logic to
> log ABI issues, and making sure the actual ABI differences go into
> logs. These improvements should hopefully make the layer easier to
> integrate into CI/CD.

I've been working on meta-binaryaudit integration into CI in the Oniro
Project [1]. We had to fork the project due to maintainer being
unresponsive for quite a while.
The main issue is error handling. abicheck exits on any non-zero code
returned by abidw  which is not acceptable for CI. Besides of that I've
decided to make abicheck a task, not postfunc so it behaves pretty much
like cvecheck.

[1] https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse/oniro-core/meta-binaryaudit