Hi Nicolas,

I guess part of your problem is that DISTRO does not end up in any package grouping, unlike MACHINE and ARCH and so.

So if OE/Yocto does The Right Thing, this means that it will have to remove a bunch of packages from your feed and sysroot, and add them again (from sstate-cache or by building) every time you switch DISTRO (which, on a build server, would be each and every build). Hence my advice to use a separate build directory for each, otherwise Yocto will have to juggle with several packages on each and every build. With accidents waiting to happen.

Hence my advice remains, you can have "my-image-dev" and even "my-machine-dev" in the same build directory, but don't share "my-distro-dev" that way, it's an invitation to trouble, even though It Should Work In Theory...

Mike.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert