Hi

" It is over. There are no excuses left if you are still using meta-gplv2."
-- https://twitter.com/yoctoproject/status/1552209990148145153
" There are other ways of removing GPLv3 components from modern OE/YP builds
and we'd like to focus people's attention onto those. "
--
https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-gplv2/commit/?id=43bf0e8d5985945d19d01f94bfbbda420c4435f3

Where can we find more details re the best ways of removing GPLv3 components
please?

Or, starting with a clean slate and adding back only what we actually need (for
i.MX 8X and Qt Commercial).

Have tried searching, but going round in circles, as all the results so far
still point back to meta-gplv2.
Including the "How do I":
"If you use INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE to exclude GPLv3 or set PREFERRED_VERSION to
substitute a GPLv2 version of a GPLv3 recipe, then you must add the meta-gplv2
layer to your configuration."
--
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/How_do_I#Q:_How_do_I_build_an_image_without_GPLv3_Licensed_packages_.3F

The context is that some of our customers require Secure Boot and Chain of
Trust (in an embedded environment).
If we keep GPLv3 components, then we need to provide "any methods, procedures,
authorization keys, or other information required to install and execute
modified versions of a covered work".

Thank you
-- Peter