On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 11:23:31PM -0300, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> Adding the missing setuptools does get things working.

Oh my, I was still looking for python3-distutils (deprecated, not
available) and did not realize I now need setuptools. Thanks for
clarifying, however, I investigated the gao approach then...

> I actually have a prototype recipe for this that I was working on before
> ELCe, but I didn't get it into meta-virtualization yet, as it had a few
> rough edges.

I suppose, those go recipes look extremly difficult to do.

> If you give me a few days, I can post it to the meta-virtualization list,
> but I'm on the road right now and don't have access to all my build
> machines.

Of course I have patience and I am very curious to test this out!
Currently I have no urge but in future it will be extremely handy to
have the native docker compose approach available. It is a bit smaller
then the python approach (if python is only used by this docker-compose,
a third disk space is used by native approach).

> I also did a presentation at the yocto summit about "modern languages".

Opps, interesting. No need to summarize here, I agree. I will dig this
up in the internet. Interesting...

> You can see the approach that I take for this in the k3s and nerdctl recipes
> in meta-virtualization. My new docker-compose recipe is of similar format.

As I vaguely mentioned above, those recipes look far more complex than I
would have imagined when starting to dig into the go world...
astonishing!

> If we just bypass the fetcher, offline builds, some of licensing and SBOM
> and reproducible builds .. you can have a simple recipe like that as well :)

Yea, and I already learned to lovae this reproducibility approach.

--
INSIDE M2M GmbH
Konstantin Kletschke

Telefon: +49 (0) 5137 90950136
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 15256238
Fax: +49 (0) 5137 9095010

konstantin.kletsc...@inside-m2m.de
http://www.inside-m2m.de

Geschäftsführung: Michael Emmert, Ingo Haase, Dr. Fred Könemann, Derek Uhlig
HRB: 111204, AG Hannover