I try to look for PATCHTOOL variable for virtual/kernel recipe and the variable is set to quilt.

But inside log.do_patch I see that task try to use 'git am'

I wa use to patch the kernel with

1. bitbake -c devshell virtual/kernel

2. quilt new patchfile.patch

3. quilt add source.c

4. edit source.c

5. quilt refresh

6. copy patchfile.patch inside the recipe FILEEXTRAPATHS folder

Now I'm trying with devtool