Hi Richard,

On 13/01/2023 19:01, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Fri, 2023-01-13 at 16:06 +0100, Alexis Lothoré via
lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
- I also have some uncommitted python unit tests on "previous version
computation", but current scripts directory does not allow proper unit tests integration. If appropriate, I could submit some minor reworks to make it viable
for testing and submit those tests

I'm glad you mentioned this! Yes, I think it is important we add some
tests for this. We can rework these scripts as needed as the project is
their main user at this point.
Good, I will then add some minor rework to allow introducing unit tests alongside
the version computation in the next revision

- This new regression checking introduced the need to clone a wider testresults history, which is (very) slow on my machine, but I do not now how slow it is on autobuilder. Could it be an issue for the delivery process ? Does it need to
be smarter on this point ?

I think it will be slow on the autobuilder and we're going to have to
do something different to make this work well. My clone still hasn't
finished and is at 5.75GB of data now (15 mins to get the last 4.5GB)
and still going.

OK. I observed a quite similar behaviour while pulling manually the whole repository, but I thought it might be linked to network issue on my side. I will add a smarter way
based on your suggestion (git ls-remote)

- If appropriate, new patch could follow to allow regression reports generation against multiple revisions : for example we could check for a milestone build
against previous milestone AND previous major release

I think that is the direction we need to go so yes please!

Noted. If it is OK for you, I will keep this last point for another set of patches, once this
initial work is approved and merged.

Regards,

--
Alexis Lothoré, Bootlin