Hi,

On Thu, 2023-02-23 at 02:27 -0800, Tamis wrote:
> I know that this might be an old thread but we seem to deal the exact
> same issue in our yocto builds, that's why I am writing here.
> Recently we switched from sumo yocto branch to dunfel.
> Now some recipes with nothing special in it, just compile and
> install, are failing in the install phase because of pseudo abort.
> Those recipes are installing via the do_install some headers files
> into the usr/include folder and later those headers are share via the
> sysroot to other recipes.
> I read what has been written above but I didn't see a final solution.
> So I am also trying to understand the error in order to find a
> solution.
> If we do a clean build  (bitbake lib32-las -c cleansstate) then the
> recipe compiles fines. But if we invoke the building without the
> cleasstate the recipe fails in install phase due to pseudo.

I'm curious if you upgrade to the latest pseudo revision whether this
helps at all. There was a fix that was partially related to issues like
this.

The error either means the file was deleted on disk without pseudo
seeing it, then it was created again or that there is some kind of race
in file creation confusing pseudo. The latest commits to pseudo try and
fix the latter.

Cheers,

Richard