On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 03:17 PM, Anthony Abboud wrote:

> HI Yocto Community,
>
> I am currently working on build a custom Boot2Qt image to learn about
> How-To's since it's my first time playing with Yocto. I am successfully
> able to build an image for my system; manually inserting and launching my
> Qt application works great.
>
> Now I want to include this app and some files into the rootfs of the
> image. I modified the recipe by adding the following lines at the end to
> attempt this:
>
> ```

Ignore my previous posts Ive made some mistakes there.
1) Create a custom recipe file.

> SRC_URI += " \
> file://qtApp_qml \
> file://startup.sh \
> file://fb.modes \
> "

Add line S="${WORKDIR}"

> do_install() {
> install -d ${D}/home/root
> install -m 755 ${WORKDIR}/qtApp_qml ${D}/home/root/
>
> install -d ${D}/etc/init.d
> install -m 755 ${WORKDIR}/startup.sh ${D}/etc/init.d/
>
> install -d ${D}/etc
> install -m 755 ${WORKDIR}/fb.modes ${D}/etc/
> }
>
> FILES_${PN} += " \
> /home/root/qtApp_qml \
> /etc/init.d/startup.sh \
> /etc/fb.modes \
> "
> ```

Run bitbake recipename
If it runs successfully,  then add the below in your local.conf folder.
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL_append += " recipename "
Next bitbake target

> But I'm simply unable to get those three files to show up at all in the
> final build (both the folders and files!).
>
> I've tried a few variations I saw around but still nothing. Any idea
> what's missing?

Would it be possible for you to share what changes you have tried. To be honest
I am a beginner too and want too learn more, so I got curious.
Also the above will most probably work, but in case you solve it with any other
method, then please post here for other's reference.

> Thanks!
> Anthony

Best Regards,
Hassan