I have a yocto distro using systemd as the service manager. In adding
networkmanager-nmcli (networkmanager_1.32.10.bb) I am getting both a sysVinit
network-manager script and its associated rc5 symlink as well as a systemd
NetworkService.service installed. The sysVinit network-manager script launches
/usr/sbin/NetworkManager as a daemon.

I get an error during kernel init when it trys to start the systemd
NetworkService.service. I think this is because the sysVinit network-manager
script has been run time converted to a systemd service using
systemd-sysv-generator ... so I have to paths to starting the
/usr/sbin/NetworkManager service.

Should I be removing the sysVinit network-manager script to allow a clean
systemd NetworkManager start? I suppose I can just remove it in a
networkmanager_%.bbappend?