On Wed, Jun 07, 2023 at 04:58:41PM +0200, Konstantin Kletschke wrote:

> Yeah... I end up in scripts/lib/wic/engine.py get_custom_config() which
> I must prepare to avoid falling into the "No Kernel..." pitfall, what is
> that, an u-boot extlinux config? I am trying to find out...

I found out:

In the wks file I have to specifiy an existing configfile like this at
the bottom (--configfile part):

bootloader --append="console=ttyS0,115200"
--configfile="directdisk-bootloader-config.cfg"

Then I can use my stripped down set of IMAGE_BOOT_FILES without kernel
and dtb files.

I end up with an unnecessary extlinux/extlinux.conf but this are
~550Bytes and are not avoidable so I can live with that at the moment.